Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Oh, Go Ahead and Have a Good Cry (If You Want To)!




Whenever I hear that song, Big Girls Don’t Cry by Frankie Valli, I can’t help but smile and think of my sister, Madonna, holding a hairbrush and singing along to it. She is 10 years older than me and was like a second, and funnier mother. Today is her birthday and I wish with all my heart that I could be in Louisiana with her to say “Happy Birthday”. But since I can’t, I sent my heart, in the shape of a crown, her way. I made the base with a silver leafed filigree wood, and backed it with ribbon and paper cut to shape. The medallion is a silver cupcake wrapper, backed with a blue string flower, topped with a folded crepe paper circle, topped with a precious, old picture of her in a glittered frame, and wrapped with a copper wire shaped on a jig. Silk leaves of brown and silver fan out from either side, and it all ties up with a shiny brown ribbon. I hope she likes it, and it doesn’t make her cry too much ! Happy Birthday, Madonna! I love you and miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment