Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer In The City


I like to decorate this sideboard in my house with a seasonal theme, and since I won't be hitting a beach anytime soon, I thought I'd make my own.

Here's where I'd like to be sitting (if I was 4 inches tall) and digging my toes into the warm sand.



I can hear the water lapping the shore and washing up lots of shells...

and I can see others enjoying it too!
There's my mom frolicking in the sand and my grandmother relaxing in her beach chair, too.
Oh hi, Uncle Jim and Aunt Jessie! Looks like Uncle Hank is fooling around there, too. There's my father's old boat near the marina.

When it gets late in the day, I'll have a little fire, (I LOVE these battery-operated tealights!) then pack it up,
and still have a little sand between my toes to remember it all by!

3 comments:

  1. This is just wonderful. I could use some cool ocean breezes right now. The mornings are rather cool but the afternoons are HOT up here.
    I love the ocean decor and the old photos in the glasses. Is this the same buffet that had all the Christmas decorations on it last year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your display. Especially the scenes in the glasses. It certainly evokes memories of good times at the beach. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to say I love love love that vase with the sand and the beach chair inside of it with that cute little hat! Where did you ever get that little chair? It's adorable! I have a beach theme in my guest bathroom and I would love to create something similar for my shelf in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete