Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Workbench Wednesday ~ Skeletons and Ghosts

I recently made a wonderful discovery-- you can keep your craft room cleaner if you use the dining room table instead!

So here's a peek at what's been piled on top of/taking up space on my dining room table:

Got these windows on the side of the road for free, BUT as I have mentioned before, the word FREE is synonymous with NEEDS SOME WORK. These were peeling paint (and not in a pretty way), so the frames needed to be sanded down. When I wasn't happy with the finish, I added some FIX IT ALL to the paint and slopped it on. Turned out great--old and a little uneven looking. The I painted the glass with chalkboard paint, and viola, zee trick, she is done. They both sold during the last sale at Room With A Past!



Here's the next project--skeletons under glass. I was out walking this morning and gathered the sticks (I got a few strange looks on the trail, but I like to keep 'em thinkin'...!) which I then painted black. There's a few ways I am thinking of going with this. It's still in the idea stage but my hands must wait until I finish inputting the invoices from the sale. We were really busy since we had our Fall parking lot sale, so it might be quite a wait!



What are you working on this week? Please share by leaving a comment!

1 comment: