Sunday, January 27, 2013

Gallery Show~For The Love Of Art


I have been busy in my little pink studio as of late. This small collage, which is heading to the aRt Cottage gallery in Concord, CA  says it all:
 

 

Actually, after making a dozen or so of these collages, I think I have got the hang of it! Here's one of my favorites--can you tell why??


One early morning when I was walking among the darling historic homes in downtown Concord, I discovered an art gallery in this little house! "What the heck is this all about?!?" I excitedly screamed in my head. I went back when it was open and fell in love with the homey gallery, set up in each room of the tiny house.



And now this gallery, owned by the colorful Fro Butler, is hosting a craft/art show and sale beginning on February 2nd with an artist's reception, which I am so excited to be a part of!! I will be bringing my collages, my pithy women soldered charms,




 A few chicken-wire crowns,

  

And a few painted silhouette windows!



Fro spells the name of her gallery with a capital "R" because she wants it to be recognized as OUR (as a community) cottage! She's invited lots of artists that will be showing & selling woodwork, jewelry, cards, miniature paintings, ceramics, fabric art, sewn items, crochet & knit items, glass work, quilting and much more.  The Craft Exhibit, "For The Love Of Art" will have the reception (with lots of goodies to nosh!) for the artists on Saturday, Feb. 2 from 2 PM to 5 PM. For more details please contact FRO at (925) 956-3342 or frogard2000@gmail. Go To artcottage.info  for a look at what aRt Cottage is all about!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment